Archive for April, 2010
It seems like many people are having a hard time getting EasyHotspot up and running quickly. I’ll try to post an easy step by step tutorial which hopefully can used to get you on your way to a Easy to use Hotspot billing system.
before you can get easyhotspot up and running, you need these things:
- PC (for EHS server) that has 2 Network Interfaces (2 Ethernet Port)
- Internet Connection via Lan
- Access Point
- Get EasyHotspot Distro
- Burn EasyHotspot distro to CD
- Install EasyHotspot to PC (similar to ubuntu installation process)
- Connect the Internet Lan cable to the Eth0 PORT on your Server
Make sure you have internet connection by surfing the internet on the server.
- Connect the access point Lan cable to the Eth1 PORT on your Server
YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING with Eth1 , DISABLE DHCP FEATURE from your AP (if present)If your using a Wireless Router please Disable the DHCP feature and connect Eth1 to LAN port , NOT WAN port!
- Manage your Hotspot!
From your EasyHotspot server, open firefox and go to http://localhost/easyhotspot you can create billing and voucher plans from admin account, generate vouchers and invoice customers from cashier account.
- Connect Clients / Customers
A client or customer can join your wireless Hotspot as usual by choosing your Network / AP name (SSID)
- Login on the Client to browse the Web
Once a customer has join your network, they will be redirected to a login page before they can browse the web. Login with the voucher or postpaid account that you have created in step 4.
- Enjoy your EasyHotspot system!